Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Changing Faces

Change hurts! It twists you in knots with promises and tantalizing thoughts of a better you. Butterfly's start as caterpillars. Trees start as seeds. The day begins in darkness. But we keep at it because there is a reward at the end of this painful maze. I want my cheese damn it I'm going for it. Even my computer is testing me. I was nearly done with a completely different flavored post than this one and all of a sudden, "BLUE SCREEN"! I've got to get that fixed but it lead right into what I have to do. I need to be more concise. More sharp edged. More to the point. So let's go.

I'm back on my daily workout (so far anyway). I didn't get up at 5am as planned but I did hop out of bed at 6 with the sole purpose of chiseling away at this gelatinous bulge that I call my body. Its that drive that actually hurtled me downstairs carrying heavy eyelids and dragging my feet into the cold embrace of the living room. I switched on the T.V., booted up the PS2 and plug in the Dance mat for a high intensity round of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). At one point I was quite the show off in the DDR arena. I would do tricks and spins but after 10 months of couch curls and remote reps I'm not the man I used to be.

So on the game plan is a slew of rhythm game titles sure to get my fat behind up and sweating.

  • Topping the list is the infamous DDR. My favorite from the series is still DDR extreme. It has my energy / fatigue inducing song Kick the Can on it. Its very fun and I can do this song 12 times in a row if I had the energy.

  • Next on the list is Yourself Fitness. Its not really a game at all but a digital personal trainer (who has a nice little video vixen hump too) who lines up a daily routine of exercises for you to do with no grades, no stress and no way of knowing if you are cheating or not. This one I do every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 30 minutes.

  • I'm also gonna try to hit the old stand by (The Gym). I've had this membership to 21st Century Super Fitness since 2005 and I think I've only been about 24 times in total. I know I totally suck for that but I think I'm gonna add that into the mix wen I actually have the time to get in there.

  • And lastly, I'm gonna have to cut back and then out all the fast food. I've been on a Rally's, Burger King and Subway binge (definitely not the stuff Jarred was eating from there) and I have a lot to show for it.
Basically its all about change. It starts with a thought and ends with action. I'm up for it. I'm in to it. Pray for me.

199 are you out of your mind!


Posted by Picasa

0 comments: