Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The five o five : Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Out of the Box

[3]<- What's This

I really don't think I try to to be different I think different is something that just happens. I think that standing out from the pack is just an evolutionary trait that one in one billion of us develop in order to carry the human race forward. People hate me because I'm not like them. I hate them because they're not like me. We don't understand each other and thus begins the eternal struggle of the ages.

Forget everything you were taught as a child about evolution or creationism for just one second. Now replace all of that stuff in your head with Tiggaism. Lets imagine that in the beginning the earth was covered in Jello pudding (try not to think about Bill Cosby because he has nothing to do with this [you tube Jello]). Lets say somehow lightning strikes the jiggly Jello earth surface and through some complex scientifical God inspired Allah praising Buddha approved process, life emerges. This life, this small single celled Jello based life [ea games spore] is nothing more than a single celled blob wriggling around in a microscopic universe of sweet Jello goodness. This wriggling protoform is not alone. He soon finds he has friends all with the same slimy, pulsing blob like features and traits. He jiggles over to greet one of his Jello-kins and just as he is in range to reshape his full form into a hand to wave a full bodied "hello", SLURP. He is sucked into oblivion by what he thought was his friend.

So now we see that this Jello world is full of competing little blobs of slime all slurping each other other up so as to be the last blob swimming. Then comes along a blob that stands out a bit. This blob is a little less blob then the rest. This blob has features that the rest of the blobs can't quite comprehend. This blob has an extra little wriggling thing on his back side and an odd solid thing protruding from his front end. The wriggling thing on his back would be a tail and the solid thing on his front would be his mouth (but it looks just like a straw). The rest of the Jelloites are both intrigued yet fearful at the same time. Most of them want to befriend this new blob kind because they are not sure if he can harm them or not. A few of them just avoid him because they are not sure if he is abnormal in any way. Yet some of them try to challenge him because they just think he's showing off.

So the challengers step up. They approach him from the blind side ready to swoop and slurp but this blob elite out maneuvers every one. They try to take him out at every opportunity but he just can't be slurped that easily. They team up and come at him in mobs but his wriggling tail end makes him quicker then all the rest. They just can't stop him. Then, without warning, he slurps them all in with one single effortless draw. His long straw like mouth makes it easy and because it is Jello it also tastes great.

Let's fast forward a few Billion years beyond our "Jello" origin into the Jello Pre-historia. This single celled Jello being has now evolved into a multi celled Jello man. This Jello man looks like the rest of the Jello men around him except for the fact that he is a little bit smarter than the rest. All Jello men know that it is not wise to go out into the rain for Jello kind have a tendency to melt under the drops from the sky. Yet the rest of the Jello men always get caught off guard whenever the rain begins to fall. They never seem to see it coming. This advanced Jello man figured it out though. He noticed that whenever the sky turned pink that a rumbling would resonate from behind the fluffy cotton candy clouds that soon after rain would fall. The fizzy Mountain Dew [Mountain dew web site] drops would fall and sizzle on the ground. The advanced Jello man tried to tell the rest of his kin this but none would believe him and so they would go out and sure enough be fizzed to death by the carbonated sky hell. This continues to happen until all that is left is the one who tried to warn the rest. He is the one smart enough to stay out of the element. He even invents an umbrella so he wouldn't have to hide when it rains and he also wouldn't accidentally get caught in the downpour. A few billion years after that he evolves into me.

I am the advanced Jello man from the beginning of time. The one not afraid to stand out. People look at me just the same as my single celled brethren once did. Some want to be my friend while others either want to destroy me or fear me all together. No one wants to feel inferior but that's not the vibe I intentionally emit. That's not what "we" try to do for I am not the only one. There are many other's out there who stand out from the pack. We don't fit the (Jello) mold that the rest of humanity was crafted with. We have extra appendages and tools not bestowed on all others. We stand out but not due to any effort on our part but because (get ready for the "g" word) that's the way god made us. Maybe we are evolutionary accidents. Maybe we are evolutionary experiments? Either way we are not the same.

It used to bother me that I was different. I used to think everyone else knew the things I knew and could do the things I did. I used to show off in public and instead of receiving praise and accolades I would get jeers and ridicule. I didn't like being different. I didn't like knowing more than others. I tried to pretend my differences away. I tried to dumb myself down. I wasn't happy with my straw or my tail. I wanted them gone. I tried to sever them with ignorance and tried to hide them with antics. Noe of that worked. People can sense you are different. Sometimes you just just get tired of being "special".

I'm fine with them now. In adult hood I learned how to use my extras to my advantage. Women are attracted to men with bigger "straws" and my tail gives me the maneuverability I need to keep moving. You just have to learn to be comfortable with being different. You just have to learn to accept who you are. Just because you have more doesn't make you any better than anyone else. Just because you have less doesn't mean you are less. Be at peace with who you are and you will eventually find your place.

The rules for a Jello world apply to us all. Are you happy with who you are?

Anyone want some Jello?


1 comments:

Anonymoussaid...

Tiggaism. lol okay! love ya