Friday, January 16, 2009

Bringing down the house

Up and Out



Well this morning started with my car not starting but me sticking with my plan and hitting a 1 hour work out at 5am. I love the way I feel after and I have no idea how I fell out of line before. If you haven't tried exercise yet you need to and not for anyone else but solely for yourself.

Today I was back on Your Self Fitness and I chose to go with the core strength training routine. Its still a little bit to easy (based on the initial evaluation where I was only able to do 5 push ups and 20 Jumping Jacks) but they ask you once you complete a section how you made it through and if you say, "It was a piece a piece of cake" then the next time the sexy avatar Mya tells you she's gonna increase the difficulty just a bit. So far this is still fun. There are enough exercises that appear randomly that you don't get bored with the daily routine.

After the 30 minute Yourself fitness routine I went right into a 15 minute DDR sprint. The truth of the matter is that I'm no where near where I used to be with DDR so after only 3 songs I was winded, wounded and worn out from songs that I used to ace back in my hey day (CURUS and XEPHER on Expert). But I have faith that I'm on my way back.


I did skip an entry yesterday because I was taking a down day. It was actually quite re energizing to sleep in an extra hour and just take it easy. Yesterday was a low key day anyway. We had an open house at my job (which you can see in the pictures to the right) and I was glad to see that the food selection was a healthy mix of fruits, vegetables and light meats. Overall that went well but I was glad to get home to my warm bed once everything was done.

Now here is where I have a confession to make. For those who have followed The Five o Five in the past can obviously tell, this is not the same blog that it used to be. I have realized that the reason it failed before is because I needed to loosen up a bit. Blogging is supposed to be fun and not a chore. You should never become a slave to any leisure activity. So although the general concept will shine through from time to time I may or may not go back to the original rigorous format. Yes I do still wake up at 5am with a hive of ponderings buzzing around in my skull but I'm no longer obligated to leap out of bed and onto a computer to record them. I have tinkered aournd with the thought of pod casting or video blogging and either of those may or may not make there way here. Right now though this is my therapy. This is my release. Hate it or love it this is my life.

So I hope you stick around. I hope to one day soon re-skin his blog and move it off of Blogspot and on to wordpress. But until that day comes I love you all and thank you for reading.


Posted by Picasa

0 comments: